Historian

Historian

Michael Korpon
315-826-7476 (home)

Located on Route 8 across from the Morehouse Fire Company.
Open: Labor Day thru Memorial Day
Saturday & Sunday 12:00-3:00pm

The Methodist Church was opened in 1835 and due to low attendance and declining population, it closed it’s doors in 1989 as a church.

Carol Ford, Historian opened it again in 1991 as a Museum thus preserving one of our Historical buildings. Each year new exhibits are added. Volunteers Diane Farber and Janice Reynolds assist when the museum is open.
There are 3 cemeteries that are Town maintained.

Methodist- Route 8, behind the Methodist church Museum
Catholic- Route 8
Mountain Home- Mountain Home Road
The cemetery Index & Listings can be viewed at the Museum.

For More information on Morehouse cemeteries go to: www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nygenweb
Click on Hamilton County and go to Morehouse.